In accordance with the Dallas Bay Church Bylaws:
Step 1: The Pastor Search Task Force is reviewing potential candidates for the senior pastor position.
Step 2: The Pastor Search Task Force will select one candidate to be presented before the church for a vote.
Step 3: The vote will be conducted by secret ballot in a “yes” or “no” format.
Step 4: An affirmation vote of 75% must be obtained. In the event the candidate does not receive an affirmation vote of 75%, a second candidate will be presented to the church at a later date.
Excerpt from the Bylaws:
ARTICLE VIII. CHURCH STAFF: Section 1. C. 2
The Senior Pastor Search Task Force, shall bring to the consideration of the church only one name at a time. Election shall be by secret paper ballot and a membership verification process shall apply for issuance of paper ballots. An affirmation vote of three-fourths of those eligible voting present being necessary for a choice approval. The Pastor, thus elected, shall serve as long as he fulfills Scriptural qualifications and is led by God to continue in that capacity. If the Pastor fails to fulfill Scriptural qualifications, he is subject to the discipline based upon Matthew 18:15-17, outlined in Article V. Section 4. Paragraph F (Discipline).
The Transition Team has received several questions about who will be able to vote when a pastor candidate is presented to the church.
We want to make sure that all members that want to vote have the opportunity. According to the constitution and by-laws of the church here are the requirements to be a member:
(1) By profession of faith and/or baptism according to the policies of this church.
(2) By promise of a letter of recommendation from another Baptist church.
(3) By restoration upon a statement of prior conversion experience and baptism in a Baptist church when no letter is available.
(4) Upon statement of Christian experience including baptism by immersion in a church of like teaching of the ordinance of New Testament baptism.
(5) To be a qualified voting member, a person must be at least 16 years of age.
Keep in mind you may have been visiting every Sunday for years. You may even be faithfully tithing, but that does not make you a member.
If you have any doubt or concern or simply are not sure if you are a member please call Denise Sisemore in the church office at (423) 842-9299.